YouTube Shooting: Female suspect shot 3 at California HQ

0
143

Today in the afternoon at 12:57 pm Tuesday(according to USA time zone),  Woman named Nasim Aghdam(identified by police) shot three people at youtube headquarter’s in northern California. The suspect killed herself after wounding the other victims. the shooter’s motive was unclear as stated, might be shooting occurred due to domestic violence incident.

 It is also not sure that she knows the victim’s or not, reported a 36 years-old- women in the critical condition out of 3 victims and other two women aged 32 and 27.

What happened?

Reported, the suspect has approached an outdoor patio and dining area at the office san burno at the lunchtime and opened fire with her handgun.

Image broadcast on various local Tv station showing people coming out with their hand raised and other footage showed framing a line before being separately searched by police.

One person with a bullet wound was found lying at the front of  Youtube headquarter’s and minutes later officers found the suspect who appeared to shot herself. Two other victims were later found at an adjacent business.

Several YouTube employees tweeted about the attack as it was taking place.

Product manager Todd Sherman said people fled the building in panic as the shooting unfolded and another employee, Vadim Lavrusik, tweeted he was barricaded in a room with other staff. He later said he had been evacuated.

Suspect: History

San Bureno, California police identified the suspect named as Nasim Aghdam, a California resident of Iranian descent.

She appeared often on YouTube and in one of her videos criticised the platform for discriminating against and filtering her posts.

Youtube has suspended her account after the shooting incident. Her Facebook and Instagram account also been removed. Youtube is also taking steps to prevent her videos from getting views on her personal website.

“There is no equal growth opportunity on YouTube or any other video sharing site. Your channel will grow if they want to!” she wrote.

Reactions coming out

President Donald Trump tweeted about the incident and serious concern for the victims.

Twitter chief executive Jack Dorsey tweeted: “We can’t keep being reactive to this, thinking and praying it won’t happen again at our schools, jobs, or our community spots. It’s beyond time to evolve our policies.”

Google CEO Sundar Pichai issued a statement on his Twitter account saying, “There are no words to describe the tragedy that occurred today. Susan Wojcicki & I are focused on supporting our employees & the YouTube community through this difficult time together. Thank you to the police and first responders for their efforts, and to all for msgs of support.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here